Gene Pfeiffer and Jim Woodward, on behalf of Wings of Rogallo, are negotiating with the Santa Clara Parks Department to open Coyote Lake for flying. The site is currently closed to flying until the SCPD allows access. A team of test pilots has been assembled and SCPD has given conditional approval to these pilots to fly there, under certain restrictions. Contact Gene or Jim for more information.
Test Pilot Requirements
- P4/H4 rated WOR members who have signed the waiver prior to going to the site (limited to ten pilots).
- No more than ten pilots may be on launch at any time -- five PG and five HG.
- Maximum of two 4WD vehicles per test day. (It takes forty-five minutes to one hour to hike to the top.)
- Pilots who have not flown from Timber Ridge must receive a site intro from a pilot who has flown from Timber Ridge. This must be done on a test fly day.
- Permission has been granted for six test days. The agreement may be extended, if mutually agreed upon by the two agencies.
- Jim Woodward and Gene Pfeiffer will pick the test flying days. Pilots who have signed the waivers and agreement with the Open Space Authority will be placed on a waiting list. Jim or Gene will contact pilots on the waiting list to find out is available to fly on the chosen test days.